Tuesday, May 13, 2014

#ootd ~ Pelikat Skirt.

I love everything about Malay heritage. Don't you too? 

Recently, I got my eyes fixed on this pelikat trend. With batik is now too mainstream and songket is just crazy expensive, pelikat is the alternative if you want to go traditional.

I spotted a lot of pelikat kurung, and pants but what I do have in mind is a skirt. I am thinking of modernise it so that I can wear it to work so I tailored it to become a fitted A-line skirt which can also be worn with a slightly short plain kurung top or even a kebaya for more traditional look.

Pair it with a plain basic white top and throw a blazer on top for more serious look. Nude heels and grey cotton scarf and accessorise with a metal belt to complete the look.

Tell me what do you think?







No comments: