Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Getting Old : Numeric Padlock m

Part of my #ubah2014 resolution is to move my ass to the gym at least thrice a week. It's a good resolution in theory but reality is, I've been to the gym for the third time today since Jan 1, 2014.

Fail.

So, determined, I packed by bag the night before and promise myself to stay awake and actually go to the gym early in the morning. Waking up is not an issue since Imaan wake up as early as 5am every morning (well come to think about it, Imaan actually wake up every couple of hours sometimes every hour so I actually became a zombie months ago)

And today, 20th of January, I did it.

*******

The gym require the members to bring their own padlock for the locker but I forgot to bring mine. Desperate, I borrowed my husband's padlock which is the numeric combination padlock. There's only 5 digits to memorise so I confidently thought that I won't forget the combination. How hard can it be? There's only like 10 numbers all together and none will be repeated. 

So I locked the locker, worked my ass out, came back for a shower... still remember the password. Easy peasy!

Not until I finished showering with only a towel, phone and everything inside the locker that I suddenly had a mental blocked. 

Gasp. 

I.can't.remember.the.combination.

I can't recall at all! There I was, few minutes ago easily unlocked the padlock and now I can't even remember a thing.

*******

I was thisssss close to burst into tears. Drama. It's early in the morning not a lot of people is crazy enough to go to the gym that early. There was like 2 or 3 people in the changing room but all of them were happily singing in the shower. I'm late to dress up for work and panicked a bit, worrying if people might think I'm trying to steal someone's belonging (which truthfully looks like it)

Lucky there's a tai-tai just came for a work out and I was literally running towards her to lend her phone. She was kind enough to let me use her phone but my husband didn't pick up! Panic again and embarrassed (who forgot their own combination, btw?) the tai-tai now volunteering to go out and shout for my husband name see if we get lucky, and we were.

Cut it short, I was then able to get dressed and go to the office after like a lifetime in prison.

Thanks God for sending that tai-tai to me.



No comments: