Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Food That Can Make You Cry


I know. I know. I've been posting about nothing but foods lately but that was the only activity that I did since I was burying myself in piles and piles of workloads the whole week.

So, forgive me.

*****************

Who doesn't like mamak? Don't call yourself a true Malaysian if you don't. (Emo). Hehe.

I do. I like having Roti Canai, Tosei, Mee Goreng Mamak, etc. When I was young, my dad used to drive us to mamak for Roti Canai before he went to work. And I remember when I was even younger, I complained to my dad that I am embarrassed to go to mamak because I don't see any girls there. LOL. Those were the days...

Anyway, this mamak near my house really really brings back my old memories about mamak and roti canai. The small stall by the road, aluminium tables and stools, low volume of tamil's background songs.. The foods...ahhhhh...the foods... Soft and crunchy Roti Canai, delicious dhal, and addictive teh tarik..Nearly cry with every bite because it is soooo gooooddd..

No LCD or big screen TV. Horrible over priced foods and tasteless drinks. Most of mamak nowadays like that, don't you think?

Promise me you will give it a try if it's so happen that you are in the neighborhood okey?

Green House Mamak Stall @ Taman Bukit Maluri, Kepong.

See? I told you it is good. She was having roti canai with dhal,

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: